23 June 2010

Jen the Travelling Bunny

From Jen the Bunny


Jen the Travelling Bunny was found on Jen's doorstep with a mysterious note. Since then she has travelled around the world, looking slightly concerned.

This is not the pattern for Jen the Travelling Bunny - I did not make her! It is just a tribute (also, I haven't tested it. Let me know if it works!).

3mm hook, DK yarn (I used black acrylic and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK)
Worked in rounds so the stripes look better, so you'll need to add a ch1 at the beginning of each round and join with a slip stitch at the end of each round. You can work it in a spiral if you are opposed to rounds though (use a stitch marker to mark the beginning of rounds).
All terms are US terms, sorry. Assumes basic amigurumi knowledge (that you know how to increase, decrease and single crochet)

Body
(you're starting at the bottom of the body and working up)
SC 6 into magic ring
inc around (12 sts)
*1sc, inc* around (18 sts)
*2sc, inc* around (24 sts)
*3sc, inc* around (30 sts)
sc around in back loop
sc around for 2 rows
change colour
sc around for three rows
change colour
sc around for 3 rows
change colour
sc around
*sc, dec* around
sc around
change colour
sc around
stuff body (Jen has grit in her bottom to help her stand up)
*sc, dec* around
sc around

(thus ends the body and begins the head)

*sc, inc* around
sc around
*2sc, inc* around
sc around for four rows

(If you're using safety eyes you'll want to attach them now. Jen's bigger eye is a button with a hole drilled in it, with a safety eye through the hole)

*sc3, dec* around
*sc2, dec* around
*sc, dec* around
keep dec-ing until the hole is closed up.

ears (make 2!)
sc 6 into magic ring
inc around (12 sts)
*sc1, inc* around
sc around for two rounds
*sc1, dec* around
sc around for four rounds

(stuff ear)
*sc1, dec* around
sc around
fasten off

Sew on ears, you're done!


From Jen the Bunny

Let me know if you're interested in selling items made from my pattern, I'll probably say yes in exchange for a credit and a linkback.

5 comments:

Blondie4Christ said...

I would love to sell the toys that I have made from this project! I made one over one of my holidays and I loved how it came out! If you could, just email me at charliebrownbear@gmail.com with what I need to do or know.

Thanks!

Vampier Keelr said...

I don't sell stuff I make with other people's patterns, I just save myself money by getting the peole who want it to buy me the yarn. ;)

Blondie4Christ said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind too.

Blondie4Christ said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep that in mind too!

Erica said...

Thanks for the pattern! I made a pair of bunnies to give to my friend for Christmas from it, and they came out really cute.